Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"We have the technology"

I've been perusing various hardware and craft stores for a while now in an attempt to find everything I need for my Bender costume. So far it's going quite well; I'm only missing one major part. That being a large plastic garbage can for the body. There are a few bobbles I'll need to scrounge up (like some red LEDs for the antenna light) but I'm mostly good to go, as you can see:


Contrary to what you might think, I'm *not* going to put a computer in the costume. Instead, I'm considering extracting the CPU fan and running it on a 9volt battery to keep my head cool. I fear it's going to be quite hot in this thing... As well, I'm considering changing the arm pieces to that black plastic drainage pipe that people use to extend there gutter downspouts. The stuff I have right now is duct piping. It looks nice, but the flexibility factor isn't as great as some nice plastic would be.

I grabbed a nice profile image of Bender off the web and did a few quick things in 3ds Max and Photoshop to get some general dimensions. Basically, these are the measurments that bender would have if he stepped out of my TV and into my living room. However, I'll likely have to scale it up a bit so I can actually fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home